Friday, March 7, 2014

NYC Broadway

Last weekend I went to New York City with my family. On Saturday night we went to go see Rock of Ages on Broadway at the Helen Hayes Theater. The theater was the smallest theater I've ever been too out of the many NYC broadway plays I have seen.
There was a small stage at the back of the big stage, where a small band was set up for the whole show where all the music was being played. Rock of Ages was such a great show, from the characters, to the singing, to the stage set, and the whole story of rock in general. The show is about a young guy and girl chasing there dreams, plus also about how rock changed over the years. The two main roles were done so well. They sang so great and were really connected with the crowd. What I loved about this show was the cast went into the audience and was in with the audience singing and dancing. What I also loved about this show was that they had a narrator for the whole show. He connected with the audience but even with the other actors, he was also so funny.
My family and I enjoyed this broadway play so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment