Friday, March 7, 2014

Alan Turing

This article was a shock to me but interesting to understand the past and the unequal rights among citizens. It's interesting learning about Turing but very sad at the same time.

Turing was a young brilliant man, who was a WWII code breaker, mathematician, and founder of modern computers. What came a shock to me was that he was sent to chemical castration for being gay.  This was an innocent man who helped save our country and to be sentenced to death for just being gay makes me cringe. It goes to show how the world was back then and how we grow up in a different generation. I still don't understand how back then an innocent man can be sentenced to death for just having a preference in gender, and this is something I will never understand.
What I really liked about this article is that the magazine brings it to peoples attention that sexuality doesn't matter. Its what a human brings to the world, and clearly Turing was an amazing individual and a Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment