Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Xerox Project

For this project, I was inspired by influences of college. Coming to college has made me see and experience new things for the bad and good. I made a poster portraying these things of college.

As you can see the left side is the more negative side of the influences of college. The bracelet I chose that is over the middle finger is "kandi" which I was influenced with these types of bracelets at events at Amp in Ybor and with events that involve EDM music. The pill bottle and pills to represent the drug use I have came across being in college. Then the cigarette, lighter, and pack of white owl, I chose to show that a lot people smoke in college and I started to while being out in bars and realized that it had a huge affect on my lungs. I chose to put my inhaler in there because I am constantly sick and relying on my inhaler to breathe. 
The right side shows more a positive side of college. I love having a car at school which has given me a lot of freedom. The Drake ticket to show that I love going to concerts here. I chose to put my room inspection of approval in this to show that I have been responsible with my room and the rules. The pencil symbolizes school and how I enjoy learning. The peace sign and hang loose to symbolize the atmosphere at school, which is very relaxing and I spend most of my time by the pool or going to the beach. 
I chose to put the money in the middle because the use of money at school has been used for positive and negative things. Money plays a huge role in college, because I spent it to go out, alcohol, or other negatives uses, I should've saved it for concert events, or better things like going to the aquarium.  I've realized the long term affect of using money for the bad influences of colleges has only harmed myself, because I am constantly getting sick, and now saving my money for more positive uses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment