Sunday, April 20, 2014

Performance Art Piece

My major is still undecided so I had time to brainstorm and think of things that really interest me. I really enjoy kids and am interested in being an elementary school teacher. I decided to go to the international mall and go to the children's play area. It was really hard to think of a video performance piece and use children without parents being concerned or just looking sketchy. In the play area I decided to wear a white T shirt and ask if the little kids wanted to draw on my shirt. I came up with this idea because love to draw and is a way for them to express there mind. It was interesting to see how the kids reacted to something unfamiliar, but once one kid was like yeah I would love too they all seemed to follow! Some parents came over to me and liked the idea and others didn't even acknowledge there kids drawing on my shirt. The kids were fun to be around and I really enjoy the innocence and silliness of young kids. If I do become a teacher I want to be able to come up with fun activities to keep there mind stimulated.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVJzL2j_0xA

No comments:

Post a Comment